The many activities and various needs of Marin Christian Academy are supported by the volunteer spirit of our parents and community volunteers.
We encourage every parent to get involved and find a meaningful volunteer activity. The best way to know the school is to be a volunteer!
Each year, we identify a volunteer coordinator within the parent community who works with the Head of School to identify the school’s needs. From that list, we create an updated Volunteer Opportunity list. No matter what a parent’s interest, there is always something for everyone.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Helping with Back to School Night
- Helping with Picture Day
- Assisting with the Hot Lunch Program
- Being a Room Parent
- Managing the eScrip program
- Managing the Box Top program
- Assisting in the office
- Helping with major mailings
- Driving on field trips
- Tutoring students
- Assisting in After School Daycare
- Organizing the senior reception
- Taking photos of school events & sports activities
- Coaching sports teams
- Working in the library
- Participating in the school’s marketing effort
- Helping with our Annual Auction Dinner Fundraiser
- Helping with our Annual Bounce-A-Thon
- Helping with the Christmas Production
- Chaperoning the 5th Grade Outdoor Education & 8th Grade Mexico Mission trip
- Helping with End-of-School Year Activities
If you see something that interests you on this list, or have an idea of how you would like to get involved, call the school at 415-892-5713, and we will put you in touch with the Volunteer Coordinator.